Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2" / 5" Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Paddle Switch (model XAG11Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive Automatic Speed Change™ Technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. For added convenience, the XAG11Z has an electric brake that stops the wheel in 2 seconds or less upon release of the paddle switch.
The XAG11Z is ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star Symbol™ on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 8,500 RPM
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4" long
- Weighs only 5.8 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Wheel Diameter: 5"
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed: 8,500 RPM
- Spindle Type: 5/8" - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: No
- Lock-Off Switch: Yes
- Switch Type: Body grip/paddle
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Overall Length: 14-1/4"
- Net Weight (with battery): 5.8 lbs
- Variable Speed Dial: No
- Power Type: Cordless
- Bind-Up Control: Yes
- (1) 5" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
- (1) 5" Ultra Thin Cut-Off Wheel, Stainless (B-46165)
- (1) Side Handle (158237-4)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
- (1) 5" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (126686-3)
- (1) 5" Tool-less Wheel Guard (126687-1)